Esko Fire Department Esko 2011
11th Finglish trip August 2011 #28
The Esko Volunteer Fire Department was founded in 1949 by a very dedicated bunch of local men who knew very little about forming and operating a fire department. However, they all had the desire and knowledge to protect lives and property of thier neighbors from the perils of fire. Jeff Juntunen has worked 36 years as chief of the Esko Volunteer Fire Department.
Most of the Esko residents are descendants of Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish immigrants who settled the area during the early 20th Century. The first shop was a small general store founded by Fritz Esko. The shop was known as the "Eskon nurkan stoori" and the village was named "Eskon nurkka - Esko's Corner."
Next R.W. Lindholm Gas Station Cloquet Minnesota USA